Sunday, August 31, 2014

Kicking and Screaming: A Fight With Life

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be in a rink with Rambo, or what I would do if I was guarding Lebron. I wonder what it would be like for him to score on me 100 times and I score on him once, maybe twice.

I think its safe to say I would never score on Lebron, or take a hit from the worlds greatest boxer and get back up.

Have you ever felt this way? Do you ever feel like you're in a rink and you keep getting punched, or kicked, and every time you try to get up you fall back down.

I think its easy to feel this way. I think its even easier to lay down and choose to never get up again.

So my first question is this, for what or whom do you fight for daily?

Your job? Kids? Your future? Your boyfriend/girlfriend? Your GPA? Success?

My next question is why?

I think we all have this part of our brain that works like a planner. We have all these plans or things that we make top priorities in our life because we think they will fulfill us, or make us feel like cool people.

And then what happens is something goes wrong with this thing that you have made a priority.

Say its your job. You have made it numero uno. Something goes wrong, and you are instantly in the rink with your job.

Please use your imagination for what I am about to say... You are now attempting to fight with your job and knock it out, until all of a sudden it comes at you with a right hook and you go down.

Your job just punched you in the face.

And it keeps punching and kicking until you finally hit the floor and surrender.

This tends to happen with so many things in our life. We make success, futures, or plenty of other things in our life the top priority. When this top priority fails us, we find ourselves surrendering, giving up.

I wonder what would happen if we all made our relationship with Christ our top priority instead of our own agenda. 

Would we be more compelled to serve others rather than ourselves? Would we rest on His love daily rather than depending on opportunities to fulfill us?

I can tell you this, the only time you'll ever find yourself in a fight with Jesus is when you're the one throwing the punches by denying a relationship with him.

He didn't crucify us, we crucified him. And he took it. He surrendered for you and me. He took every punch, every kick, for us.

Why can't we let that be enough? Instead of fighting for our jobs, or our own opportunity, why can't we fight for the one who fought for us? 

What an encouragement it is that someone took the blame for all my screw ups and said "it is finished". The fight was finished, right then and there. Think about it. Would you do that for a friend?

So I'll ask you again... For what or whom are you fighting for daily, and why? 


He fights for you...Will you fight for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment